Nominations for the 2017 Raleigh Hall of Fame are now open.
- The organization must have been in existence for at least 15 years prior to the date of nomination.
- The organization must have made a significant and extraordinary contribution to the City of Raleigh.
- The organization’s achievements and contributions must have had lasting value and importance and must have withstood the test of time.
- The organization must operate on a non-profit basis and must be recognized as a non-profit entity by taxing authorities. Proof of this recognition must be submitted with the nomination packet.
To nominate a non-profit organization for induction into the Raleigh Hall of Fame, please complete the nomination form and submit a statement explaining the significant and worthy contributions this organization has made to Raleigh. The statement should be no more than three pages, double-spaced. Please include pertinent information that supports consideration of this organization. Specific qualities and characteristics should address the following:
- Effectiveness — What about this organization was ground-breaking? How has it helped solve community problems? Did it fill a gap in services?
- Longevity — Over what period of time did this organization make its contribution(s)? Have the contributions had a cumulative effect? What is the permanent legacy?
- Leadership — Was this organization a trailblazer? Did it face or overcome adversity to reach its goals? Has it provided training and opportunities for leadership development?
- Impact on Raleigh — Describe the impact the organization has had on Raleigh.
Additional supporting material that documents and directly attests to organization’s contributions, achievements and character may be included, such as supporting letters.
If your nominee is chosen for induction, you or a designee will be requested to be the Nominator/Partner to the Raleigh Hall of Fame induction process which includes:
- Attending the Partner’s Breakfast (early June) at which a package of information will be distributed detailing the October Induction Ceremony;
- assisting in providing information necessary to promote the event and your inductee.
** Please print and sign the Nominator’s Statement at page 3 of the nomination form and either scan it and submit it via the web upload below or mail in the paper copy. **
If you cannot use the web form below, you may download and print the nomination form.
2017 Nomination Form for a Non-profit Organization
Nominations must be submitted for consideration by March 18, 2017.
and mail to:
Raleigh Hall of Fame
Attention: Selection Committee
Post Office Box 6128
Raleigh, North Carolina 27628-6128
If you have any questions or need assistance, you may contact our Event Coordinators, Laura Isley at email@example.com or Amy Merriman at firstname.lastname@example.org.